The High Weald Joint Advisory Committee (JAC) champions the High Weald AONB. Membership is as follows:
- a councillor from each of the 15 local authorities whose area is covered by the High Weald AONB designation;
- a representative from Natural England; and
- five representatives co-opted from Forum member organisations to represent community, recreation, nature conservation, farming and forestry interests.
A Management Board assists with the JAC's work in between meetings. Membership is as follows:
- Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the JAC
- 1 representative from Natural England
- 3 members of the JAC
- Chairman of the Officers' working group
- The AONB Director.
The High Weald Joint Advisory Committee (JAC) meets twice a year, usually in November and March. The Management Board meets three times a year, usually in June, October and February.
An Officers' Working Group provides the JAC with professional advice on its terms of reference, core budget, business plan and policy related activities.
East Sussex County Council is the ''host'' authority for the JAC. It is the employer for the JAC's staff team, it is the JAC's treasurer, and it enters into contracts on the JAC's behalf. It also provides personnel, finance and IT support.
For information on Minutes and Reports from the Joint Advisory Committee Meetings and pdf Constitution for the Joint Advisory Committee for the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (160 KB)