Contemporary Puppetry Festival
Saturday 10 October 2015
Time: 10:00am - 09:00pm
Location: Tunbridge Wells Town Centre & Pantiles
Contact: to book shows: www.twpuppetryfestival.org
NEW FESTIVAL OF WORLD-CLASS PUPPETRY FOR TUNBRIDGE WELLS: Town's first contemporary puppetry festival celebrates life and work of local artisans, George Smart and Jasper Sprange.
There will be plenty to see and do including:
- Family shows (booking required) by celebrated puppetry companies at Trinity Theatre, Toc H Hall and St Barnabas School, plus workshops and cabaret performances at The Forum.
- A full day of free outdoor performances including Punch & Judy and other street art performances for everyone on The Pantiles
- A new art commission with local and regional significance to celebrate the life and work of local Tunbridge Wells and Frant-based artists Sprange and Smart. Supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund and in collaboration with Tunbridge Wells Museum and Gallery, the performance will be premiered at the gallery on Saturday 10th October
- Local street food and crafts with themed puppetry stalls on The Pantiles.
- Show events from all categories