Exploring Nature’s Jewels - Borde Hill
Tuesday 12 September 2017
Location: Borde Hill Garden, Borde Hill Lane, Haywards Heath, West Sussex
Contact: 01444 450326
Exploring Nature’s Jewels
This half-term Borde Hill celebrates the wonders of nature and wildlife as children of all ages are invited to come and learn about the world around them and take part in our discovery Nature Trail, daily 11am-3pm.
There will also be additional activities on selected days:
- Tues 30th May: face painting by Busydays, with a variety of ‘nature’ themes, 11am-3pm
- Weds 31st May: learn all about Bees with the Bumblebee Conservation Trust charity stand. Times TBC
- Thurs 1st June: traditional garden games with HaHaHopScotch, including sack and wheelbarrow races and hoops, 11.30am-1pm
- Fri 2nd June: discover all about garden birds with the RSPB charity stand. Times TBC
- Sat 3rd June: Owls About Town; get up close and personal with some of the most majestic creatures in the world, including the chance to don a glove to handle some of these wonderful creatures, 11am-3pm.
Kids can also let off steam in the Adventure Playgound, complete with zip wire. Families can bring picnics, or enjoy refreshments at Little Ritz Vintage Tea or Café Elvira.
Other ‘gems’ include rhododendrons, azaleas and many herbaceous plants which will be in bloom and the Sculpture Trail, including many nature and wildlife themes – from owls (Barn, Tawny, Charismatic and Erractic) to a Herring Gull, a Heron to a Flight of Avocets, Man’s Best Friend to A Herd of Deer...
- Show events from all categories