Support local conservation organisations and help monitor threatened wildlife.
Manage Your Land
Manage your land to benefit the environment and care for the wildlife within it.
Preventing Invasive species
Help prevent the spread of invasive and harmful plant and animal species.
Using Less Water
Demand for water lead to high levels of water extraction, damaging wildlife.
Reduce, reuse and recycle
Reduce, reuse and recycle, and dispose of all litter responsibly.
Respect other users
Respect other users - follow the Countryside Code
Slow down for people, horses and wildlife
Avoid using the car
Avoid using the car where possible and consider using renewable energy in your home.
Promote its special features and places to family, friends and visitors.
Explore features in a house that can help minimise environmental impact.
We all have an important part to play in caring for the High Weald's special landscape. Here are some of the things you can do to help:
- Take pride in the High Weald. Promote its special features and places
- Minimise environmental impact in your home and garden
- Support local conservation organisations
- Help monitor threatened wildlife
- Prevent the spread of invasive and harmful plant and animal species
- Manage your land to benefit the environment
- Care for your local wildlife
- Use less water
- Reduce, reuse and recycle - dispose of all litter responsibly
- Respect other users - follow the Countryside Code
- Keep your dogs under control
- Slow down for people, horses and wildlife
- Avoid using your car where possible
- Find ways of using renewable energy in your home
- Buy local produce
- Take an interest and have your say.