The High Weald AONB Partnership provides practical support to landowners and communities seeking to manage and extend the last remaining fragments of wildflower grassland in the Weald. It's land management officers can provide initial advice on:
- wildflower grassland enhancement and creation including site preparation, establishment and after care techniques
- sourcing plant plugs and wildflower and grass seed, in particular Weald Native Origin Seed, for enhancement and creation projects.
The officers can also help you find - work with - and contractors who undertake the following:
- Grassland surveys to help identify grassland type (unimproved; semi-improved or improved) and wildlife value
- Site management plans
- Grant applications to Countryside Stewardship - government funding to help farmers and landowners with environmental improvements
- Grazing, fencing, ground preparation and seed sowing.
If you would like to book a free advisory visit then please fill in the High Weald Land Management Advisory Visit Request Form