A recent study of visitor use of Ashdown Forest has revealed that:
· The majority of people (60 per cent) visit for the primary purpose of dog-walking, followed by walking (30 per cent)
· Most visitors are regular users of the forest, with 73.3 per cent visiting once a day or once a week
· Most use the forest all year round
· 56.7 per cent would be prepared to pay a parking charge
· The biggest attraction is the forest's "openness"(28 per cent), "views" (20.5 per cent) and "natural beauty" (10.3 per cent)
The study estimated that the area had 2.91 million visitors, largely from an area of 13km radius.