Our 2018/2019 Annual Review is now available, it sets out the High Weald AONB Partnership’s many activities and successes over the past financial year.
A major achievement is the publication of the High Weald AONB Management Plan for 2019 to 2024 - the single most important document for the AONB. It sets out long term objectives for conserving this nationally-important landscape and the local authorities' ambitions for how the High Weald will be looked after.
We're delighted that our hard work reviewing and consulting on the plan over the last two years has led to its formal adoption by the 15 relevant local authorities as their policy for the AONB's management.
Other key 2018/19 highlights include:
- The first ever High Weald Walking Festival held, involving over 400 individual walking sessions
- Specialist advice given on over 120 planning applications and policy documents
- Site-specific advice given to 153 land managers
- 24 events delivered to enable land managers to apply best practice and enhance the landscape
- 47 landscape restoration projects enabled, including restoring or planting over 1300m of hedgerows
- 74 education events at 30 primary schools, involving over 3,115 learning sessions
- Producing a consultation draft for the new High Weald Design Guide
- Submitting a proposal to DEFRA for a grassland network and High Weald Nature Recovery area
The document is available to download in PDF format here:
pdf High Weald AONB Partnership Annual Review 2018/2019 (7.16 MB)
Sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed to the activities of the High Weald AONB Partnership over the last year. Our work to conserve and protect this precious, historic landscape wouldn't be possible without the substantial efforts of the Joint Advisory Committee and our many partnership organisations, charities and volunteers.
We look forward to working with our valued partners in the coming months to make 2019/2020 an even greater success.
Planning in the High Weald
Land management in the High Weald
Schools' learning zone and education resources