Advice and guidance on staying safe in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty during the national lockdown...
Staying safe in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
On 3 January the Prime Minister announced a national lockdown for all of England. The current directive is to stay at home; you are permitted to leave home for exercise but you should stay in your local area. The latest Government guidance can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home#exercising .
The High Weald AONB has an extensive network of footpaths, bridleways and byways and an abundance of green spaces and nature reserves. When out and about in the landscape please observe Countryside Code and the following guidance:
- Observe social distancing; keep 2m distance from those outside your household at all times and wash your hands immediately when returning home. Carry hand sanitiser if necessary
- Keep dogs under effective control and on a lead when you are around farm animals. Do pick up your dog’s waste from the field as it can carry diseases that can affect lambs and calves.
- Leave gates as you find them and follow instructions on signs
- If you need to drive to reach green space for exercise, park considerately - please don’t obstruct pavements or gateways to fields
- Do not wander off footpaths, as they will protect you and your family – there is no such thing as ‘right to roam’!
- Bring a bag to take home your litter.
Thank you in advance for being respectful, sensible and considerate, and for helping us keep this beautiful landscape safe for all to enjoy.
In keeping with the latest Government guidance, please be advised the High Weald AONB Unit office at Flimwell is closed and the team are working remotely. All advisory site visits and High Weald Hero sessions have now been cancelled.
If you have a query, please email or leave a voice message for the relevant team member and they’ll reply or give you a call as soon as they are able. Not sure who to contact? Meet our team
The High Weald AONB Partnership