Contract Role - Events Coordinator
Location: Various locations across the High Weald AONB; own travel essential due to rural location.
Contract value: up to £15,000.
Vacancy type: Fixed-term contract from September 2021 – 31 March 2022. Approximately 40 days to be delivered flexibly over the contract period. Strong likelihood of extension for the right candidate.
Subject areas: Event planning and management, communications, marketing, farming, land management.
Industry: Farming and conservation.
We are looking for a dynamic, organised, and self-motivated Event Coordinator to plan and deliver a programme of training events for the High Weald AONB’s farming community.
The event programme will help support local farmers through the current agricultural transition period and provide inspiration for projects which could be funded through the new Farming in Protected Landscapes programme.
The right candidate will have event management experience and an understanding of – and empathy for – the needs of farmers and land managers in the current climate. A practical knowledge of farming in the High Weald or surrounding areas would be an advantage.
Past topics for farmer-facing events run by the High Weald team have included Farm Profitability, Inheritance Planning, Farmland Bird Identification, Deer Management, Regenerative Agriculture, Green Haying, Carbon Accounting and Healthy Soils.
The contract will require :
- Liaising with the AONB team and potential participants to assess needs
- Developing and agreeing event formats and content
- Booking and briefing event speakers
- Setting up online events or and booking suitable venues, technical support and refreshments
- Using event software such as Eventbrite to set up and manage bookings
- Writing copy and social media posts to promote events, liaising with our Communications Officer
- Managing all communication with attendees, including post-event follow up and evaluation
- Facilitating events where necessary
- Planning the 2022-23 events programme
- Producing evaluation reports
- Assisting with other High Weald AONB events as necessary.
The High Weald AONB team is based in Flimwell, East Sussex, TN5 7PR. This role can be partly home-based if required but all applicants must be able to travel to the location above as well as others across the AONB (map).
How to apply
- A Supporting Statement setting out why you consider yourself suitable for the contract, with particular reference to the brief
- Details of your availability / potential start date.