Central heating systems that use logs will be eligible for the Domestic Renewable Heat Initiative Scheme (RHI) which will be launched in Spring 2014. The Scheme will give householders the opportunity to earn money from heat generated by a renewable heating source, such as logs. In the video Nick Hliton, a High Weald resident and forestry contractor, explains why he chose to install a log batch boiler central heating system over a conventional oil fired heating system.
Some benefits of a log fuelled central heating system:
- Favourable costs compared to other fuel types
- Guaranteed income from heat generation through the RHI over 25 years
- Ready supply of logs from local businesses managing woodlands across Kent, Sussex and Surrey
- Benefits to woodland wildlife - an increased demand for logs will increase management of the area's ancient woodlands
- Reduces your carbon footprint.
If you live in the Kent part of the High Weald there is extra support if you are considering a biomass central heating system from Matthew Morris at Kent Downs AONB. Matthew provides, at no cost, practical support and advice on woodfuel (production, supply and procurement), woodland management, biomass heating and the Government's Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
Useful external links